Upon completion of all of the matriculation requirements, a prospective student will be deemed ready for registration. No earlier than two weeks before the beginning of each term, the student will be registered by the Registrar according to the student’s academic plan. Students who do not wish to be registered for courses at ACOM during a particular term must submit a written request to the Associate Dean of Student Services prior to the first day of the term. Students who are unaccounted for by the census date without prior authorization will be dropped from previously registered courses.
Name changes should be directed to the Office of the Registrar and will only be recorded when there is sufficient evidence supporting the name change. Students must fill out a Change of Name and Contact Information Request Form and provide one of the following documents showing the change of name:
- Marriage license,
- Court order,
- Social security card, or
- Driver’s license
Changing Contact Information
Each student is responsible for maintaining accurate and up-to-date contact information in their ACOM academic record. A student may update their current and permanent addresses and other contact information by submitting to the Registrar’s Office a Change of Name and Contact Information Request Form. Students may also update their address via self-service or by submitting a written request via email to the Registrar’s Office at email@example.com using their ACOM issued email account ONLY.
Students may view their unofficial transcript on line. Additionally, requests for official transcripts may be placed via self-service through our secure ACOM Portal. Former students may place a request by filling out a Release of Information Request Form and submitting it to the Registrar’s Office. Forms may be mailed, emailed or faxed to the Registrar’s Office, as long as all required sections are completed. Students may elect to pick up requested transcripts. Additional documents may also be included at the student’s request.
Prospective and current students seeking verification of enrollment letters for financial aid reasons may submit a written request to the Office of Financial Aid. Prospective and current students seeking a verification of enrollment letter for reasons other than Financial Aid may submit a Release of Information Request Form to the Registrar’s Office.
Requests for Letters of Recommendation
Students may request that letters of recommendation be written on their behalf from Faculty and Staff members. Requests must be made in writing and submitted to the Faculty or Staff member in question. All sections of the Release for Letter of Recommendation must be completed and the information to be included in the letter must be clearly stated/specified.
A student who is considering withdrawing from ACOM should first contact the Associate Dean of Student Services to discuss their situation and determine whether alternatives to withdrawal are available.
Prior to withdrawing from the College, the student should schedule and attend exit interviews with Registrar, Bursar, and Financial Aid Office representatives. A student who withdraws from ACOM is solely responsible for determining the impact, if any, of withdrawal upon their academic record, charges, and financial aid.
A student who elects to withdraw must submit to the Associate Dean of Student Services or designee a letter of resignation along with any additional documentation that is requested.
- The official withdrawal date is determined by the Registrar’s Office. A student’s withdrawal date is the student’s last date of attendance at a documented academically related activity.
- A student who withdraws prior to the completion of one or more courses will receive a grade of “W” or “Withdrawal” for each course in which they are enrolled at the time of withdrawal.
- A student Direct Loan borrower who is graduating, leaving school, or dropping below half-time enrollment is required to complete exit counseling. Please visit https://studentloans.gov to complete the U.S. Dept. of Education’s online Exit Counseling, and contact the Office of Financial Aid for more information.
- If a student withdraws, the student and/or the College may be required to return a portion of any federal financial aid received. If ACOM is required to return unearned aid to any federal Title IV program, the student will be responsible for payment of any balance that becomes due to the College.
- A student who owes a balance to ACOM may have a hold placed on their account by the Bursar, and the College may withhold all records pertaining to the medical student’s attendance.
- Refunds of tuition are made in accordance with the Tuition Refund Policy. Please contact the Bursar’s Office for more information.